Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bah Humbug!


I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love to get mail. OK, so not the bills but any other mail in general. Over the years I have sent out tons of cards, Holiday cards, birthday cards and I really love those silly no occasion cards. I have sent them to family and friends and from time to time, internet friends that I have never even met. I have spent hours making hand made cards too, all in the hopes someone, somewhere would take the hint and send me a card back. But my birthday comes and goes and I am lucky if I get 3 cards. Even my Mom has become to old and forgetful to send me a card on my birthday.
Christmas always brings hope of mail, catalogs, flyers and Christmas cards. It is only the 17th but to date I have received 3 cards, my sister (who never forgets), my cousin and my insurance agent. I know it's still early but..... Bah Humbug!

7 comments:

Judy Alexander said...

Hope you get more cards! I need to send some too. Merry Christmas!!!

Rose Clearfield said...

I normally send 60-70 Christmas cards and get 10-15 in return. I wish that more people enjoyed sending cards as much as we do!

Ann said...

I know the feeling, we've hardly gotten any cards this year. I think we have a total of 4 that is if you count the one from the shop my husband works at. Bah Humbug indeed :)
Maybe we should start and address exchange for people who like to get cards.

Barb said...

I totally agree. I used to send out about 60+ cards each year. I've been cutting it down (keeping track of who sends me cards) and I'm now down to just under 40. Looks like I'll be cutting even further next year cause so far I've only gotten about 6 cards. Love your "Hum Bug" just too cute.

lisa said...

I am right there with you. I am young (25) and my generation just doesn't get it, and I fear for the younger generations. My brother is 6 years behind me and is tottaly the tech age. No idea about how exciting it is to get a random note in the mail. Back in college before kids took over my life I'd send cards to my friends when I was having a bad day, just to brighten their day...no one ever recipricated except the soldier I "adopted" I got two cards so far, my grandparents on dads side, and my parents....and no green things fell out of either one ;)

Thearica said...

It doesnt matter to me if I get a card or not...I just enjoy sending out cards to those who I do not buy a gift for. It lets them know I am thinking of them..whether they are thinking of me or not.

Jen said...

I think everyone has cut down on the cards (we've only gotten 3 this year). As to Etsy, my shop business was just starting to find its rhythm when Etsy pulled their little Metatag stunt and killed off all my traffic. I toughed it out, but it feels like I'm starting all over again (grrr). Well, I'm off to go peek in your shop (but don't get too excited - I'm broke :o)