Saturday, December 12, 2009

Beverly's Pink Saturday and Tree Tour Day 4

I have a few pink ornaments. There are small ones...............



There are some larger ones (I know it looks the same as the small one but you'll have to trust me, it is twice as big)


I even have a few that look like icecycles....hey where did my spellcheck go?


I have a pink cherub,


and I even have a few pink piggies
                                            
But this is my most favorite of all my ornaments


My Dad would be 92 years old if he were still alive. This is an ornament that was on his tree when he was a little boy. Just how old it really is is unknown, but it is amazing to me that there are still two of these in my possesion. I'm not even sure if it had pink paint on it or if it was once red.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Love the pink ornaments. That last one reminds me of ornaments we used to have when I was a kid, I think my brother has all those now. I remember how fine the glass was and you had to very careful when you picked them up.

Mary Lamoray said...

What a wonderful heirloom from your father... I am so happy for you that you have it! And then to pass it on to your children. Amazing how some things that seem so simple at the time, end up being priceless as the years go by :)

vickie said...

The memories are what make a tree special. Your piggies are CUTE! My kids favorite ornament, that brings guffaws and giggles, is a tacky little ornament they made in kindergarten using a disposable golden/foil type ashtray from HARDEE'S. LOL

Lynne said...

I love the pink piggy ornament! That is so cute!

Mollye said...

Oh my goodness what a legacy and prized posession of your Dad's. It is wonderful you still have it and it's awesome to think of just how many years ahead it can withstand. Happy Pink Saturday, Mollye