Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Tree Tour - Day 2

Today's tour will be of some of my souvenir ornaments. This first one I got in Universal Studios, Orlando Florida, about 10 years ago. He is made of china and is very heavy.

This slice on conch shell was purchased in the Straw Market in Nassau, Bahamas. Anyone who has ever been on a Caribbean cruise know exactly where I talking about.
This angel was purchase in a Christmas shop somewhere off the highway in Georgia.


One of my favorite ornaments was purchased in the Appalachian gift center, Asheville NC. One of the things I really like about it is that it is made of pottery and the makers name and date are cut right in. Martha Cole Potter, if your out there, thank you. BTW, the date is 2001, and I remember very well it was the beginning of September.

This souvenir is kind of obvious. It's The Disney Wonder. This was our second cruise and we took our grandson.

This next ornament is the very first one I ever purchased. I got it in a restaurant in Cape May NJ, in the fall of 1968. My husband and I were taking a sailboat from New York to Florida. It was cold and nasty and no fun at all.


In case you might be wondering about some of the tags left on ornaments. I do that in part to remember where I got the ornament but mostly I do it for whoever will inherit them when I'm gone. I have inherited all of my parents ornaments. Some are still in the original boxes (which are in pretty bad shape) with the price clearly marked. I think it's just another fun fact.


You just never know where you are going to find something different and unique. I purchased a small palm tree at a nursery not far from my home. They were also selling these wonderful boats complete with tiny christmas lights.


2 comments:

Shana Putnam said...

I leave the tags on the nice ornaments. I love looking at them thanks!

Hot Rocks said...

I Love your Christmas tree tour!