Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Postcards










I have received two really cool postcards. The first one is from Brigette all the way from France. This was part of the Under the Sea swap. The post office got a bit of a smudge on it but that sort of adds to the charm. Isn't she cute?












The next card is from Dotti in Nevada. We had swapped before but this time she challenged me to a private swap. She chose the theme "Strings and Things" and has carried it of wonderfully. The colors are fantastic. She states that the swirl in the middle is a pipe cleaner covered with strings. There are sparkles and ribbon and a that face I have been seeing on Kate's blog.



















In return here is a picture of my card to Dotti. I took her literally and used strings left from a days worth of sewing. I also added some silver star sequins for my "things", but some netting over it and fmq all over with several different threads. The background was a piece of hand dyed my friend Glenda I end made many years ago.



No comments: